Monday, September 28, 2009

Onions, baby!



So recently I took my daughter who is five years old to the Indiana State Fair for the first time. In my house hold finances are well... minimal to say the least. So I gave her $20 dollars an told her she could do whatever she wanted with it. She decided to play games with the money. Apparently $20 dollars doesn't go far at the fair, she was able to play only a few games before here money ran out. I did not have any more money to give her and this really upset her. She pouted for a while and then while driving home she initiated a conversation with me. Daddy why are the games so expensive, why don't we have more money to spend etc. I preceded to explain that I have to use the majority of our money to pay bill and buy food etc..etc.. I explained "we cant always have what we want and life is not always fair . She replied, then why do they call it a fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment